Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day at Smithsonian


Smithsonian museum known as the biggest museum in the world, it is 19 museum cross street from white house Washington d.c.
I’m in love with history and for real history inspire me to think about future; I had my plan up already that I’ll visit 3 out of 19 museums that day, natural history museum, American history museum and air and space museum.
I choose to go there the Monday after July 4Th thinking it will be light day after the holiday but I was totally wrong it’s the Smithsonian!!
When I start think to write about that trip I figured out it can’t be a coverage that will need one full week of Washington post team! So I’ll just go with some points I wanted to comment on it.
I like so much the African history and as I’m Egyptian and for sorry the majority in Egypt think about Africa as low level so it’s not common to find source to know about Africa there, so that I started my visit with the AFRICAN part in natural history and man history museum.
I like so much the African history and as I’m Egyptian and for sorry the majority in Egypt think about Africa as low level so it’s not common to find source to know about Africa there, so that I started my visit with the AFRICAN part in natural history and man history museum.
With my first step inside the African voices there was a picture for Giza pyramid –Egypt and guess what? Music for song from Algeria and it is my favorite song (ya rayah-for shab taha) so what else I can dream about??
Let me please take you for a short tour with some pictures and I apology that I’m not o good with pictures.






that section name is African voices

Exactly that is the first picture and its...real in the picture you can see what ancient Egyptian built from thousands of years(PYRAMIDS)as tomb and also you can see what present Egyptians built as houses for people to live.then i start to think about the song(ya rayah).



Another picture for the same frame




Picture for treasury from west Africa



Struggling against colonists was a very hard and honor act to save your country and people and nation,what makes me stop for that one is the name of it ( freedom tools) and it has tools to smoke with the guns.





Status from Nigeria for woman. they still do the same things in some parts of west Africa and that is sign of beauty for woman to has long nick






Small status from Egypt,when i seen them i can't stop my self thinking who sell them and how much he get paid?








That is custom for dancing







The dark god as they name it.









This is a real ceramic tile found in Spain for Muslims lived in Spain.














Another picture hope its more clear




















A wedding dress isn't it amazing?













That is work for a 14 years old boy about cow boys,i like it so much ,its made by wire and plastic hand made














kola nuts














Its noticeable that they used the term (Muslims),as I'm sure about if that museum in middle east they would replace it with (Arab)


I liked so much that fact the museum was crowded by kids,i like that because in Egypt its stupid idea and not fun to take a kid for museum and also adult most of times.
I'll continue with other parts from museum next post.
That is the song ya rayah words

Oh departing Traveler, where are you heading?Your journey is bound to failure How many travelers before you Have sought the path with similar results?How many cities and deserts have I roamed?How much time have I wasted Touring from one place to another?Oh lost one, no matter how much you run away Your destiny will end in exhaustion Time has passed you by And you have yet to notice it.

I didn't like that words before because i love to travel but this time i think he was advice people not to visit Egypt.








No comments:

Post a Comment